Messhof's creative style can be described as lofi, experimental and punishing. Most of his games play with new types of controls, often requiring the player to be very precise or a failstate occurs.
Messhof is currently a grad student in UCLA's Design and Media Arts program.
- SUMO! (with Mocha Man) (2003) 
- Wally (2003/2004)
- Spacecraft (2004)
- Skinnerpuzzle (2004)
- Wally: Land of the Wallows (2004)
- Bool (2004)
- Birds (2005)
- Booloid (2005)
- Punishment (2005)
- Flywrench (2007)
- Punishment: the Punishing (2007)
- You Found the Grappling Hook! (2008)
- Randy Balma: Municipal Abortionist (2008)
- Cowboyana (2008)
- Stenography Hero (2008)
- Scrap Collector (2008)
- The Thrill of Combat (2009)
- Party Boat (2009)
- Jetpack Basketball (2009)
- Cream Wolf (2010) (together with Pixeljam)
- Turbo Turbo Turbo (for Adult Swim) (2010) 
- Pipedreamz (For Adult Swim) (2010)
- Surprise Bullfight (For Adult Swim) (2012)
- NIDHOGG or "Raging Hadron" (2014)
- A Bike Game With Cactus
- Essen likes to play with computer boards and electronics. He has made a lot of original sounds for his games with this skill.
- He also likes Final Fantasy 8 and 9.