The Amanita Design team in 2009.
Jakub Dvorský created Samorost 1 in 2003 for his thesis project at the Academy of Arts, Architecture and Design in Prague. Soon after, he founded Amanita Design studio in order to design websites, music videos, party fliers, and the like, but Samorost 1 became Amanita's best-known and best-regarded project. In 2005, Dvorský invited his former schoolmate Vaclav Blin to join Amanita, and working together they created Samorost 2.
- Samorost 1 (Flash) (2003)
- Jakub Dvorský got a "B" from his department at the Academy for Samorost.
- "Samorost" is Czech for a root or piece of wood that resembles a living thing. It can also figuratively refer to a person who does not care about the world around them.
- The gnome and dog characters from Samorost have no names other than "gnome" and "dog."
- The American "symphonic pop" band The Polyphonic Spree hired Amanita Design to create the minigame "The Quest for the Rest" to promote their Together We're Heavy album.